02/10/2022 by Beckie Kelsey 0 Comments
⚠️ Let's Talk About Mould ⚠️
What is Mould
Why it is a problem
Find out the health affects from living with mould
What is mould?
Mould is a form of fungus that breaks down dead organic materials. Mould is usally produced in damp and humid conditions.
It's common to notice mould growing in our homes as they offer moisture, warm air, and materials to feed on, such as walls, wood, carpets, near windows, cellings.
Unfortunately, mould will continue to grow until it has been professionaly cleaned and removed.
What causes mould?
Its often warm, moist, humid dark and damp areas with inadequate ventilation which create the perfect condtions for mould to grow and spread.
The combination of inadequate ventilation, lack of light and high moisture levels enhances mould growth, and as a result, causes the spread in hard to reach places.
This often means by the time you notice growing, its damage can be more severe than we can see.
Other common occurrences that can cause mould to grow can incude:
- Inadequate ventilation in bathrooms and kitchens
- Condensation around window frames
- Buildup of soap scum in showers or baths
- Damp dark areas such as bassments, crawl spaces
- Water damaged or flooded areas
- Moist foods left at room temperature
- Wet clothes left in washing machine
- Leaking/plumbing problems left untreated
- Airborne spores spreading throughout the property as a result of cross contamation or when left untreated overtime
Some people are more sesite than others, including:
- Babies and children
- Older people
- Those with existing skin problems
- Those with allergies
- Those with COPD
- Those with weakened immune systems
How does mould affect your health
Mould produces allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), Irriants, and sometimes toxic substance.
Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such sneezing a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash, mould can also cause asthma attaks, headaches, dizziness, coughing/wheezing.
When to call in mould removal professionals?
With thousands of strains in existence, mould can pose a harmful risk if left untreated.
If you suspect you have a mould issue in your property give our experts a call for a free no obligation quote.